Monday, December 25, 2006

3 Kings and a Jack

Formula 1 could well be rated the most glamorous sport in present day world. With other sports catching up on this speed extravaganza, F1 might still manage to be a shade superior. The billions of pounds pumped in stand as a testimony. I am not saying that its pay cheques or the research figures in the ‘business’ but it is by far the most engineered sport. Passion revs up at 20000 rpm on the straights and enthusiasm propels life at 5 times gravity on the trickiest of chicanes. Though the FIA is infallibly trying to make the sport safer, year after year records have been broken. With the onset of yet another season, though it still stands about more than two months of painstaking testing, it surely promises a lot more than it has done in the past.

“I don’t support any racer or team, it is the game I live for” well that has always been my getaway statement each time I have been asked whether I was pro-schumi or the other way. I have loved every bit of the excitement; to a list a few:

It talks about 3 Kings of the Trade and a JACK …

Fernendo Alonso:

Better known as: Youngest F1 Champion

I like him for: ENTHUSIASM. That comes with keenness and a fantasy to win. The way he challenged Michael Schumacher, I respect him for the COURAGE.

I hate him for: TREACHARY. Ditched Renault and left for Mclaren. Can’t wait to see a previously overshadowed Fissichela beat the hell out of him in the Renault.

Michael Schumacher:

Also known as: Greatest F1 racer EVER – Legend – Laps of God

I like him for: SPEED. Others took three pit stops, he took two and won. Did it the other way, and still won. Spun, started from 20th position and won again. A recap of all in the last race again – If there was ever a God for Racing, he drove a FERRARI.

I hate him for: POPULARITY. It is his popularity that’s got him all the accusations to be a cheater and a spoilt sport.

Kimi Raikkonnen:

Also Known as: The Iceman

I like him for: AGGRESSION and he is a FIN. Love to see his anxiety to get ahead of the leader on the first lap itself.

I hate him for: TOO AGGRESSIVE. The Mclaren didn’t respond well. Try it on the Ferrari – He’ll win for sure.

Jaques Villeneuve:

Also known as: Captain Bonkers – Jack Attack – Son of the legendary racer Giles Villeneuve

I like him for: Extremely UNPREDICTABLE moves on the field that has stunned racers and most significantly Steve Slater (the christener of all the above mentioned names). Today he stands not more than a badly paid champion from an acme of being the world champion (year 1997).

I hate him for: NOTHING. Who hates entertainment? If F1 was entertainment, he is my choice.

KEEP CHECKING THIS SPACE FOR MORE F1 Related BLOGGING.

1 comment:

"CEO,Monster Inc" said...

hmm. nice thought DG. montoya was an entertainer and as unpredictable as they come. button one of the most talented but only one wins. cannt wait for season to start down under..