Thursday, November 09, 2006

Reference book for LIFE

The very first thing I would do here is apologize, apologize, apologize(ok no rakhi sawant here!!!!!) for venting my frustration out in the last post. Was kind of irritated with everything out here, so vented that on my blog.

But looking towards the brighter aspect of things I once again feel there’s some hope left and maybe things will look good someday. Or maybe we will start looking at things in a better manner.

Nothing particular in my mind as I am writing this post, too tired and bothered to think about anything in particular. Just waiting for the exams to get over(too early to anticipate this I guess.......but yes) so that I can get down to some real stuff(my project at TATA Motors).

Another important thing going to happen tomorrow, for the first time in my life (well second time technically) I am going to drive a CAR. No pride in this fact considering that I am such a car freak and I haven’t been behind the wheel all these years. Feel like a waste bum on this planet, when I compare myself to Fernando Alonso(i know a bit too ambitious) considering he made formula 1 debut when he was 19.

Anyways finally the day will be tmr, for which I was waiting, I guess all my life.Too weirdly emotional considering my iceman like image when it comes to any emotion. But this is how I am when it comes to CARS. Dunnno why but I just feel very calm inside when I talk think or drive CARS. The feel of a power house under my control, the noise made by the engine (particularly F1 cars), just seem to calm down all the worries and frustrations in life. The most melodious music in this world is a Formula 1 engines roar. No rock music can beat that melody of 80,000 band members working in precise synchronism. And the fact that every weekend there are 22 such competing bands, makes this rock concert the most melodiously powerful one than anything played at Woodstock.

Anything which is comparable to it, I guess is the music of Pink Floyd and Nirvana. I just love these bands, for some unexplainable reason. Not that I am talking in comparison with other bands, but the fact is that I have not liked anything after I heard these bands, of course Iron Maiden being at the same platform. Maybe they have raised the minimum acceptable level to a very high value(see PL's showin)

Same is the case with novels, I started of with Erich Segal kind of novels, preaching sacrifice, love and all crap. Liked them. Moved on to read Jefrrey Archer, was a big bore. Always hated sidney sheldon for no obvious reasons.

Came across Ayn Rand's Fountainhead. Loved it. Then hated it for making my life miserable. Didn’t sleep for nights asking questions to myself, fell ill (literally I mean it) finding the answer to every ‘WHY’. Life became hell. Finally gave up.

Came across Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged. Read it. Re read it. Got most of the answers. Started worshipping myself, these two books, life and everything around me. Life became much more calm, composed, organised, content, and above all HAPPY. Learnt the meaning of many words like LOVE, MONEY, LIFE, HAPPINESS, EMOTIONS, MORALS, VALUES, INTELLIGENCE and above all "ME". I still read it when life becomes turbulent, calms me down, helps me find all the answers. I call it my REFERENCE BOOK FOR LIFE.


Anyways I think the flow took me a bit too far away. Time to get back to memorizing(not studying). After that back to dreaming a formula 1 career.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bigger the dreams...better!

I can completely relate with the over ambitious thing...I have often compared myself with achievers and got frustrated.But then they make you more ambitious...ignites the passion...and thats absolutely essential for leading a meaningful life..where you live up to your dreams!!

Though i can neither stand roaring cars nor ear-splitting music, your passion for them is pretty infectious.It reinforced my conviction to follow my dream :D

Continue writing such wonderful posts and continue to inspire me!